Re: backart - default backend?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: backart - default backend?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:41:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:

> Fellow Steppers,
>
> Is there really some reason that we are continuing to have the -art
> backend *not* be the default backend?
<snip>

I support this.  There are some who have complained in the past about art's
ability to export, but I believe that these problems are being addressed now.
Given arts advantages over xlib, I see no reason not to make it the default.
The xlib backend WILL still be available, but I believe that the best user
experience comes from the art library.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.