Re: Look and Feel

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:17:21 -0600 (CST)

> Jesse wrote:
>> [...] If using Camaelon
>> would slow the system or create extra overhead, than I would prefer it
>> was made the "native" look. [...]
>
> Huh? If this "new look" is slow, you want to make everyone suffer it?
> That's a pretty severe way to force people to optimise it. I hope I
> misunderstood.

Yeah -- sorry, not what I meant :)

I meant, if Camaelon _itself_ made things run more slowly, then the theme
should be implemented in the system, where it will run faster.

It seems that the hit Camaelon makes on the system is minimal, though, so
implementing it as a theme would be preferable, as it allows it to be more
easily swapped out and it allows those who prefer the original interface
to continue to use it with no impact on system performance.

J.