Re: Look and Feel

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:40:29 +0000

Hi,

On 2005-02-13 19:57:54 +0100 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

Yes, and no. We *want* a windows theme and a mac theme -- because GNUstep is cross-platform (ok, for the mac theme it's not as important, for obvious reasons ;-) but a windows theme is something we want. Not for using it on Unix, of course..)

What I want :
- better icons and a good NeXTish look ( the GNUstep default )

yes, me too..

What some users would want
- a cameleon engine that can use GNOME theme
- a cameleon engine that can use KDE theme
- a cameleon engine that can use Windows theme
- an Aqua - clone ( ? )

no, you misunderstand me. I'm not advocating for a Windows theme for using GNUstep on linux -- it's just that, as GNUstep is crossplatform, we need to have, for GNUstep apps *running on windows* a Windows theme (possibly even something that goes directly to read some files to be in sync with the currently choosen windows theme / color scheme ...)

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a more modern looking theme for GNUstep on linux, like http://jesseross.com/clients/gnustep/ui/concepts/01/ui.png , in addition to the default NeXT theme.

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke