Re: questions on the gworkspace desktop

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: questions on the gworkspace desktop
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:26:24 +0200

On 2005-01-18 07:47:37 +0200 Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net>
wrote:

On 2005-01-18 12:59:21 +0800 Sungjin Chun <chunsj@embian.com> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2005, at 12:01 PM, Rogelio Serrano wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:12:07 +0900, Sungjin Chun <chunsj@embian.com> wrote:
One more question, is there any plan to integrate or evolve
GWorkspace.app as Window Manager?
Or what about evolving the windowmanager to do be friendly with the
GWorkspace desktop?

I've a WindowMaker (0.80.1) that builds as a GNUstep application. For the
moment it does nothing special; it gets the X events in the run loop of the
application and pass them to the usual WindowMaker function. But, beeing a
GNUstep application, it could easyly send distributed notifications, for
example.
I've not time for working at this but, if somebody is interested, I can send
him the sources.

Why not? :-)

I think current state of GNUstep is very close to the quality as a desktop. What we need is well
integration.

Just for clarification. Im referring to GWorkspace desktop.