Re: OpenOffice OS-X Port and GNUstep

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: OpenOffice OS-X Port and GNUstep
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:00 -0500

Le 05-01-17, à 19:04, Markus Hitter a écrit :

Am 17.01.2005 um 18:08 schrieb Yves de Champlain:

From what I understand, the problem is to "get rid" of X11, so GNUstep is no solution here.

Am I wrong or uses GNUstep always the native screen mangagement? At least on Mac OS X, GNUstep defaults to the apple-apple-apple combo which uses the native Quartz.

Markus

I realize how unclear I was ... let me try again ... please ...

The problem here is the enormous task of rewriting every part of OOo
that uses X11 to something (anything) else (and to never break linux,
sun, windows or whatever as a bonus).

yves