GNUstep port (was: objc on openbsd/i386 (gcc3))

From: Julian Leyh
Subject: GNUstep port (was: objc on openbsd/i386 (gcc3))
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:13:16 +0100

Julian Leyh <oenone@oenone.de> wrote:

> because of the switch to gcc3 of openbsd/i386 i decided to revive my
> gnustep ports.
> i still have some problems with the compiler, it seems that i can't
> link against libobjc from the system.

ok, thanks to everybody who answered.. (i'll attach the patches - if you
didn't follow the thread on misc@ hope they get into cvs soon :)

here my GNUstep port..

installation instructions:

untar the port into /usr/ports/lang (there should be a new subdir named
'gnustep'). install make, base, gui and back using 'make install' in
their subdirectory. (you could do 'make install' in gnustep/back and it
would install all dependencies).
then add (if you want to have it start automatically on boot)
> if [ -x /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSBoot.sh ];then
>     /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSBoot.sh start
> fi
to your /etc/rc.local and
> if [ -x /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSBoot.sh ];then
>     /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSBoot.sh stop
> fi
to your /etc/rc.shutdown.
it should already be started after installing gnustep-base and be
restarted after installing gnustep-gui.

next, add this to your ~/.xinitrc:
> if [ -x /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSXBoot.sh ];then
>     /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSXBoot.sh
> fi
or if you don't want to restart X type:
$ /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/GSXBoot.sh

if you want you can test gnustep/examples:
$ cd /usr/ports/lang/gnustep/examples && make install
before you can start GNUstep programs you'll have to source
/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh (or .csh). then you can
start for example the Calculator.app like normal:
$ . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
$ openapp Calculator.app

please test this port and send bug reports / patches to improve its
quality. have a look at the gnustep-examples port how to use the gnustep
module to build new ports of GNUstep applications - and make some
ports ;)

cu
JRL

--
If you don't remember something, it never existed...
If you aren't remembered, you never existed...