Re: Creating a GNUstep desktop on Solaris

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Creating a GNUstep desktop on Solaris
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:08:38 +0100

Hey,

On Tuesday, January 4, 2005, at 06:26 PM, Nicolas Roard wrote:

TextEdit.app built successfully. It can be started. Howver, when I try to create a new document the application crashes "Illegal Instruction (core dumped)". Is this platform related or should I douwnload the sources from anywhere else. I can't believe that a simple app like TextEdit.app is not yet stable. While installing I got

It's probably platform-related -- TextEdit works fine on linux x86/ppc here.. can you come up with a trace ?

debugapp TextEdit.app
run
bt

hmm. Here on solaris 2.6, current CVS of gnustep... TextEdit works find. I export display to another hot and use Xlib. I tried creating a document, changing some fonts, leaving it open in the background... everything fine.

-R