Re: objc on openbsd/i386 (gcc3)

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: objc on openbsd/i386 (gcc3)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 01:58:23 +0100

Am Freitag, 07.01.05 um 01:03 Uhr schrieb Andrew Pinski:

On Jan 6, 2005, at 6:37 PM, Julian Leyh wrote:
hello list..

because of the switch to gcc3 of openbsd/i386 i decided to revive my
gnustep ports.
i still have some problems with the compiler, it seems that i can't
link against libobjc from the system.

This is a bug in libobjc on openbsd.

The problem is related to x86_field_alignment being used in the
i386.h header file but since the libobjc headers include it we don't
declare one.  This is something which I wish to fix for a later version
of libobjc but it will not until 4.1 as 4.0.0 is in stage3.

hi Andrew,

in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-01/msg00268.html (GCC 4.0 Status Report (2004-01-05)) Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com> wrote:

| In fact, as of now I'll reopen the mainline for normal Stage 3 protocol;
| patches should fix bugs, but need not necessarily fix regressions.

So it's a bug, you can fix it.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski
libobjc maintainer