ANN: Pantomime v1.2.0pre1

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: Pantomime v1.2.0pre1
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:40:17 -0500

Hi,

After months of development, I'm glad to announce the first prerelease of Pantomime v1.2.0.

Pantomime is a complete and free mail framework working on both GNUstep and Apple Mac OS X. Pantomime is licensed under the LGPL.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.2 release of Pantomime:

o Brand new, fully asynchronous networking code. The IMAP,
  POP3 and SMTP classes have been majorly reworked to work
  with this new model. All networking operations can now
  be interrupted at any moment ;
o SSL is now natively supported ;
o DNS caching code has been added ;
o Examples for sending emails using SMTP or receiving
  emails using POP3 (located in the Examples directory)
  have been added ;
o Pantomime is now a Framework under GNUstep ;
o Documentation for all classes ;
o Other bug fixes, major refactorings and speed improvements.

You can download the prerelease of Pantomime 1.2.0 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

You can also consult the documentation from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime.data/Documentation/index.html

You can subscribe to the Pantomime Developers list from: