Re: GUI portability issues

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GUI portability issues
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:43:33 +0100

Ralph Moeritz wrote:
Hi steppers,

I have a dilemna:

I have become attached to GNUstep & ObjC but...
I need to port my programs to Windows to earn a living.

I know that in theory this shouldn't be a problem, given
that we have a w32 backend. But how does the situation
look in practice? Is the w32 backend usable yet? If so
do GS applications behave "properly" under MS Windows?

Please can somebody who is familiar with the current state
of the w32 backend clear me up on the issues? I would
love to help improve the w32 backend myself, but I'm not
familiar with the win32 API :-(

Best you try yourself and than complain about the features you are missing. Or if you are really going to earn money with this, donate some of it to get the features implemented you need.

Fred