Re: more graphic file formats

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: more graphic file formats
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:54:42 +0000

On 8 Dec 2004, at 15:18, Samuel Hornus wrote:

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:17:36 +0100, Karsten Fuhrmann wrote:

Hello,
i am thinking about writing another Subclass of NSBitmapImageRep which
will use ImageMagick to handle almost any image format.
Is there any concern about this?
I want a solution which can be part of the GNUstep source tree!

One problem with ImageMagick however, is its poor documentation
and it (used to) change its API often.

That was a big problem some time ago, maybe it is more stable now ?

I have had a lot of trouble with API instability in ImageMagick,
but if the idea is to use it only for conversion between file formats,
a tiny part of the API is needed, so I wouldn't worry about it.