Gorm Progress 11/27/2004: Return of the Class Parser. :)

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 11/27/2004: Return of the Class Parser. :)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:15:36 -0800 (PST)

Having just seen "The Incredibles" and been treated to the "Star Wars: Revenge
of the Sith" trailer, I figured I'd make the subject a little "star-wars-ish".
;)

First things first...
---------------------

I've finished re-writing the class parser in Gorm.  The code is totally new.
It handles each piece individually by breaking up the header into classes, the
classes in ivars and methods and the ivars and methods into individual ivars
and individual methods and then parsing those.

The new class parser is in "experimental" (i.e. unstable) status at the moment.
 I have tested it extensively, but I don't have all of the headers in the world
to throw at it.   Please let me know if you find any issues and report them via
savannah.  Please be as clear as possible and, if you can, include the header
which it had an issue with as an attachment so that I can correct the issue.

In Other News...

I am going to start the process of stabilizing Gorm for the 0.8.5/0.9.0 (I
still haven't decided) release.   New/risky features will be on hold until
then.   Once that is done, a 1.0 release shouldn't be too far away.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.