Re: problem to get DnD working correctly with an NSTableView

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: Re: problem to get DnD working correctly with an NSTableView
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:25:35 -0500

La plume légère, vers Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:09:00PM +0100, heure
d'inspiration,
Fred Kiefer écrivait en ces mots:
> Looks like you never did get a reply on this mail.

Indeed. :)

> And I must admit that
> I also have problems to understand what the issue for you is. From what
> I can see in your example code, I would expectt that when the pasteboard
> gets asked for the data for the type CynthiunePlaylistDragType, than it
> will use the already stored value and if asked for the data for type
> NSFilenamesPboardType, it will call the provided
> pasteboard:provideDataForType: method. None of this si specific to the
> NSTableView in any way and should be working that way for GNUstep. If it
> doesn't this is a bug in gpbs.m in the backend. I would be very much
> surprise to learn about such a bug being unnotice up to now, still this
> is possible.
> But if you are expectign any other behaviour, you should be explaining
> which one and why?

Nope, that's exactly what I am expecting and which is not happening. The
pasteboard:provideDataForType: never get called. Instead, it crashes the
latest (cvs) terminal with a critical error exception:
šNSInvalidArgumentException: nil data passed to
initForReadingWithData:š

Wolfgang
--
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind." (Ghandi)