Re: GNUstep themeing and MacOS HITheme APIs...

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep themeing and MacOS HITheme APIs...
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 03:11:42 +0000

Le 5 nov. 04, à 02:33, M. Uli Kusterer a écrit :

Folks,

 have any of you seen the new (as of 10.3) HITheme APIs in MacOS X?
They're CoreFoundation APIs (i.e. procedural C), but I think they're
nicely complete.
(snip)
 Agree? Disagree?

On the principle, agree, as that's what I'm working on :-)
In practice I'm doing my own set of "API", extending the current GSDrawFunctions.
The goal is to have everything in GSDrawFunctions.

But even now it's not very hard to have your own "programmed theme" in gnustep (like http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_theme38.png) and thus, I'm
now working on a pixmap theme engine (which can reuse the same bitmaps
as ShapeShifter's themes..).

I'm making progress, here is what it looks like at the moment (work in progress, not all widgets implemented, etc.): http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_theme40.png

I hope to release something soon now.

If you don't like the C API, HITheme.h would be a good 'checklist' to
make sure there's no functionality forgotten in GNUstep's themeing
calls, though.

yep that could be good to check, although I think I'm starting to have a fairly good idea now :)

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke