Critical Patches to existing releases...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Critical Patches to existing releases...
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:29:44 -0800 (PST)

We need a mechanism to make it easier for distributing patches to the existing
release.   I would like to create a patch for the NSStepperCell fix so that
users can download it from someplace without confusion.  It was suggested that
the patch manager on savannah should be used for this, but that system is used
only for patches from contributors for consideration by maintainers.   This is
a patch from a maintainer (me) which needs to be applied under certain
circumstances.

By Critical Patch, I mean any bug which can be called a "show stopper".  We
shouldn't do this for every trifling little bug. :)

Any thoughts?

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.