Re: Recommended minimum information when submitting bugs...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Recommended minimum information when submitting bugs...
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:57:01 -0700

On Oct 31, 2004, at 7:21 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Given that this information isn't updated for every bug which is fixed, how can I rely on the version number alone? You will never remove the human factor. How can I know that someone is running a release or a CVS version? I suppose we could have a constant that would be filled in when the user does a pull from
CVS or something and have this value printed.

gdb does this somehow.  Perhaps I'll have to figure that out.