Re: NSToolbar look/selecting items

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: NSToolbar look/selecting items
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:35:28 +0100

Le 31 oct. 04, à 21:47, M. Uli Kusterer a écrit :

In article <mailman.6411.1099247981.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:

With the "chevron" you can have
a global view of any toolbar items used and the toolbar items are
fixed, but I agree it is not the perfect solution because the toolbar
items flow vertically in the menu and horizontally in the toolbar, and
that's somewhat not logical. I plan in the future to implement a
toolbar which extends to the border of the screen when you click in the "chevron" to reveal all the toolbar items, a bit like a Mac OS X sheet.

Kind of like a second toolbar in a "vertical popup menu"? Yeah, I could
see that working, though of course, just like a menu, it would have to
be moved back onscreen if it gets too long.

No I mean when clicking the "chevron", the toolbar would extend horizontally across the screen area, by using a special window overlaying the window which owns the toolbar. If the extended toolbar cannot show all the icons, eventually we can add another row of toolbar items just below, but in my opinion this second row possibility shouldn't be implemented because we shouldn't allow to have so many toolbar items.

 Or maybe you could make the toolbar wrap? So the toolbar would maybe
switch to a special "half-size-mode" and show two rows of icons?

Yes, it is the idea I'm talking about above but without reducing the size as you suggest.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr