Re: Installing ProjectCenter

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Installing ProjectCenter
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:38:57 +0300

On 2004-10-30 15:19:32 +0300 Uli Kusterer <witness@t-online.de> wrote:

In article <mailman.6123.1099130388.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
Enrico Sersale <enrico@imago.ro> wrote:

If you means gdomap. gdnc, etc., they should be launched automatically. What happens if you launch Inspector and then GWorkspace?

Heyyyy... yeah, that seems to work. It's a little awkward, though. But maybe I can launch both in my .xinitrc or so. ... urrk. No, that gives me inspector-sized menu windows :-(

But okay, at least I have a workaround now. Anybody have an idea what the reason is that GWorkspace can't launch Inspector.app itself?

If Inspector (and the other GWorkspace apps and daemons) are nor running when
the main app is launched, it launches them and waits 8 seconds in a loop trying
to connect the launched app.
You can try to edit GWorkspace.m and change "80" with a bigger value in the
-connectInspector method.
But it should work as is because it launches Inspector on my old and very slow
G3.