Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:52:50 +0200

Hey,

On Tuesday, October 26, 2004, at 02:42 AM, M. Uli Kusterer wrote:

So, anybody know a less painful way of getting GNUstep onto a PowerMac
G4? I'm a seasoned programmer and not a command-line illiterate either,
but I'd have no idea where to even *start* diagnosing the problem, and
I've already proven that compiling my own GCC is just too complex. And
since neither Mozilla nor Lincs [sic] will launch on OpenDarwin either,
I have to restart each time I want to try out something I googled up.

NetBSD both 1.6.1 and 2.0 almost perfectly support GNUstep! unfortunately in the last weeks gdnc broke so well, right now it is not usable (it compiles...). They did work... and should work soon again
And remember the daemon rules...

Alexander Malmberg made me comment out some lines in gdnc... and since then it worked fine on NetBSD/68k 1.6.1 (about 3 weeks ago) unfortunately I was too busy to do further research. I might have time these days and maybe it is indeed a small thing... cross-checking the change-log with the stuff I commented out I might restrict the area of trouble.

-R