Re: nsbyestore and nsbtreeblock

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: nsbyestore and nsbtreeblock
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:43:31 +0800

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:35:44 +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald
<richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

> On 26 Oct 2004, at 10:22, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:07:34 +0800, Rogelio Serrano
> > <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is there an implementation of nsbytestore for gnustep anywhere?
> >>
> > [snipped...]
> >
> > strange. even apple seems to have dropped nsbytestore and nsbtreeblock
>
> NeXT dropped them, so GNUstep has never bothered with them.
>
> Apple never had them at all afaik ... I'm pretty sure it took over NeXT
> after those classes
> had already been dropped.

Im interested in implementing it as a replacement for berkeley db.
Anybody familiar with how nsbytestore is implemented?

It looks like the actual btree index is in nsbtreeblock. Can an
nsbytestore contain more than one nsbtreeblock? How does nsbytestore
do the transaction logging?

--
Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier
                                           John Davidorff Pell