Re: Problems building GNUstep-base on Darwin x86 using gcc 4.0 (experime

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problems building GNUstep-base on Darwin x86 using gcc 4.0 (experimental)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:08:44 -0600

On Oct 18, 2004, at 8:05 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

========

libraries: libtool doesn't like -f options (like -fgnu-runtime) but needs to know where libobjc-gnu resides (works kind of using LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib -lobjc-gnu' for configure)

executables: gcc needs -fgnu-runtime to do the right thing in conjunction with -lobjc _also_ at linktime (that's why I tried LDFLAGS='-fgnu-runtime'),

-> using LDFLAGS='-fgnu-runtime' confuses libtool and using just LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib -lobjc-gnu' confuses gcc when linking executables (see my previous mail)

So is any gnustep-make wizard listening? Nicola Pero, are you around? I am not ready yet to bite the bullet (maybe after two weeks of waiting in vain ...)

Well, if you need to add flags for specific architectures, I'd look at target.make under the darwin section - you might want to adjust that or perhaps even create a whole new section just for gcc > 4.0? - you might have to edit configure.ac to write out the version of gcc first so you can test for it.

Most of the flags you would want to change or add to start with INTERNAL_ ...