ANN: ImageApps October 2004

From: Stefan Kleine Stegemann
Subject: ANN: ImageApps October 2004
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:57:55 +0200

Hi GNUsteppers,

The ImageApps homepage at mac.wms-network.de has been down for a while now. Meanwhile, we moved ImageApps completly to gna.org, you can find the new project
homepage at http://home.gna.org/gsimageapps .

We also made some new releases, nothing spectacular but some minor improvements and bugfixes. You can find detailed informations in the application's and framework's
changelogs. Here is a short list of what changed:

Preview 0.7: some improvments and bugfixes (save image works now)

ViewPDF 0.9: some minor bugfixes and changes: uses NSToolbar, the Outline is shared between all open documents, the menu has been restructured. Searching is now much faster and more stable. I also started working on printing but this has to wait until the
1.0 release.

Camera 0.8: no changes the since last release

SlideShow 0.1: first (unstable) version

PDFKit 0.8: improved searching and some other things. (Hopefully) better detection
of freetype at compile-time on linux systems.

CameraKit: new framework that allows to access digital cameras. CameraKit is based
on libgphoto.

SlideShowKit: framework that is used by SlideShow. Can also be used by other
applications that need slide-show functionality.

You can download all applications and frameworks at:
http://home.gna.org/gsimageapps/

Bug-reports, suggestions and patches are always welcome (as well as sucess-stories :-)

greets
Stefan, Fabien

PS: I just uploaded the new homepage to gna.org. It may take one or two hours until it becomes active. So please try again later if you get 'Under construction'.