Re: Buidling gui and back on Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Buidling gui and back on Windows
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:05:40 +0100

On 7 Oct 2004, at 23:39, Alex Perez wrote:

You also need to soure GNUstep.sh before GNUstep-make will work and you can compile things using it. I'm not sure if the msys shell does that for
you automatically.

I don't remember it's needed. Running gdomap and friends was enough, for me.

But it's nice to see more people interested in improving GNUstep on win32 ;)

the gdomap dependency can be removed for GNUstep by setting a default.
This is thanks to Alexander Malmberg's work, and maybe we could look into
enabling it by default under win32 only. Alex?

This information is wrong for win32.

The gdomap name server is required for name lookup for inter-host communication on any system, but is not required for host-local communication on unix, where the
GSMacOSXCompatible or NSPortIsMessagePort user default is set.

On windows it is required for *any* inter process communication to work, since we don't have an implementation of the host-local inter process communication
(NSMessagePort and NSMessagePortNameServer) which works under windows.