Re: Tests and issues on Win32

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Tests and issues on Win32
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:48:17 +0200

Larry Cow wrote:
I compiled the latest -gui and -back on the latest win32 installer. Everything has gone surprisingly well, except that the need to add a few libraries (libjpeg, libpng, libtiff) manually should be removed, shouldn't it?

Sorry, I don't understand, what you mean by this. Would you expect the installer to provide all libraries GNUstep is using? Some of them may already be installed in a different (sometimes newer) version.

Anyway, when trying to play with gnustep-examples, some problem arose. Here is a little check-list:

* NSBrowserTest.app: OK, when resizing the window, the content is only refreshed once the resize is done.

Hm yes, a ptach by MA Garcias may fix this. I just never found the time to test it myself.

* NSImageTest.app: 'Undefined reference to random'. How this should be resolved?

We could switch to use rand(), which is more portable, GUI already uses it.

* NSPanelTest.app:

Compiles fine, but once launched, hangs forever (or at least for a couple of minutes on my Athlon XP 2400).

* Ink.app: Hangs.

Oops, Ink works fine with Cygwin, or at least it did the last time I tested. Looks like I need to boot Windows today.

* GPuzzle.app:

Compile fails with:
GNUmakefile:6: /d/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/common.make: No such file or directory GNUmakefile:27: /d/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/application.make: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target `/d/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/application.make'. Stop.

A small glitch in the make file, Adfam already correct this.

* GSTest.app:

Compile fails with:
Making all for bundle NSOutlineView-test...
Compiling file NSOutlineView-test.m ...
In file included from d:/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/AppKit/AppKit.h:91,
                from NSOutlineView-test.m:27:
d:/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/AppKit/NSMenu.h:390: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,

Don't know if we should report that to mingw or not.

Note: the detached menu behaviour is quite strange. Detached submenus are detroyed as soon as you open another submenu. There is no other way to close a detached submenu, so maybe this is normal. And detached menus' position isn't remembered, either.

Sounds normal to me.