Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:24:21 +0100

On 2004-09-25 10:55:53 +0100 Riccardo <multix@ngi.it> wrote:

Hello,

On Saturday, September 25, 2004, at 05:04 AM, Adam Fedor wrote:

This is version 0.9.4 of the GNUstep GUI library (`gnustep-gui').

Yesterday I synced CVS on my linux/debian ppc notebook. So I suppose the changes were already committed. Compilation went happy, but all existing apps I had installed started to display big white lines right under the title bar of the window (and about of the same thinkness) and dialog boxes are affected too. The preivous installation of gnustep I had was 2-3 Months old.

I also had problems when updating; I did a sync on Wednesday (which only updated GNUstep by around a fortnight) on my Linux machine; no app would run without a recompile. The reason seemed to be:

leeg@heisenberg:~> openapp ViewPDF.app

GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

Of course, those apps which *would* recompile are now working again...those which wouldn't for whatever reason, don't until I can go through and work out how to build them. Rebuilding everything is a bit of a time consuming chore - although of course sometimes necessary because of changes to core. But such a change didn't seem to be flagged on Core News at gnustep.org, nor the release announcements for 0.9.4 :-(

Graham.
--
Graham Lee
UNIX Systems Manager