Re: Starting GNUstep (Debian)

From: Patrix
Subject: Re: Starting GNUstep (Debian)
Date: 24 Sep 2004 21:31:10 -0700

holy flamewar batman! Where did all the heat come from?

I don't have time to read it all - who cares. I never said "GNUstep is
a DE and should be installable as a DE!". I said KDE and GNOME
implmenenting a DE as they developped their libraries helped spread
their use.

My opinion is that GNUstep/GNUSTEP/whatever needs this. It needed it
badly in the past and it still does. The fact that GINADE is so often
repeated everywhere is proof that ppl want it :) The beauty of the
consistent NeXT interface must not die either :)

Been hunting around a bit in the past few days and there are a few
efforts (Backbone, Enrico's GWorkspace, Nicholas Roard's camaelon -
awesome btw, etc). I hope to see more organized/integrated/etc DE
stuff in the near future :)

*throws a frozen lake over the fire, Superman style*.

Patrix.