Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping

From: Benhur Stein
Subject: Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:22:36 -0300

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:43:16 +0200, Alexander Malmberg
<alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:
> It's a known issue, and there are a couple of different causes. Some of
> these are caused by -gui bugs (due to mismatches in NSButtonCell (that I
> fixed once already, and added a bit of margin to avoid these problems,
> but recent changes there have been messy; I'm working on fixing all
> that, though)).

One simple thing that could diminish the impact of a too small space
to show all glyphs would be to not only show complete glyphs but also
glyphs that are cut by the rectangle in NSString's -drawInRect:, and
let them be clipped by the clipping rectangle. Most places where
strings are cut because of one or two pixels, the cutting would not be
perceptible, or at least would be better than what we currently have.

Benhur