Re: Writing GNUstep book on wikibooks

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Writing GNUstep book on wikibooks
Date: 07 Sep 2004 21:59:43 GMT

Banlu Kemiyatorn <object@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see nothing wrong with the FDL GNUstep book. Please keep in mind that
> GNUstep is a project of Free Software Foundation and you _can_ GPL the
> example code in the GNUstep FDL book.

Being in support of free software leads to two logical conclusions:
- why support a licence which obstructs free software?
- if you are going to GPL the code, you probably want to GPL the
description of that code so people can include the explanation in
their source code comments if they wish, so where do you draw the
line and why not GPL the entire book, because the GPL can be used
that way without too much trouble?