Gorm Progress 2004-09-05

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 2004-09-05
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello fellow GNUsteppers...

Some notable changes to the latest CVS of Gorm.

The Table Column inspector now has the ability to change the data cell used for
a given column.   That is, you can have a table with a slider cell or a button
cell in the column, or, indeed any other type of cell you like.

The MOSX approach to this problem is inadequate, so it should be noted that
I've done things differently for GNUstep.   I've added a table in the inspector
so that the user may choose from a list of classes.   This class list will
include subclasses the user has created so that those too can be selected.

The shortcoming in MOSX's approach is that custom classes cannot be specified
in IB like this since you have a palette which contains the cells.  I
considered doing it this way, but ultimately determined that what I have
implemented is more in the spirit of what Gorm is supposed to do.

One of my principle aims as Gorm's maintainer is to exceed MOSX's IB in
functionality wherever feasible/possible.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.