Re: GNUStep apps for Windows

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: GNUStep apps for Windows
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:52:44 -0400

On 2004-09-01 23:29:11 +0100 Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

Ditto - after a week I got some basic apps up and running, but then failed on getting Renaissance going. After that the girl who's PC I was borrowing came back and the whole thing ground to a halt - but even getting it builkt was far more trouble than it should have been. Eventually ended up using and install of cygwin with all the optional packages from there that were
needed as getting them from other places just didnt work.

I've found that installing the latest binary of -make and -base, then installing a whole bunch of stuff from gnuwin32.sourceforge.net (all the image libs, libxml2, a couple of other things) will give me a MinGW system that can build -gui and -back from CVS. It's not too difficult once you figure all that out. I'll take another look at Renaissance tomorrow night and see if I can figure out why it's not working.