Re: Excellent technical overview of D-BUS

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: Excellent technical overview of D-BUS
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:36:57 +0800

On 2004-09-01 15:20:06 +0800 Rogelio Serrano <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:

On 2004-09-01 14:54:02 +0800 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

On 1 Sep 2004, at 06:59, Rogelio Serrano wrote:

I agree. I think it is better to extend gdomap so it becomes D-BUS daemon like .

That's not what I meant. I don't see any reason to extend gdomap to be like the d-bus daemon. The two daemons do different jobs, and if we want to use something
like d-bus, we should probably just use d-bus.

I see. I think the idea of D-BUS as a 'bus' is beginning to lose appeal for me.

[snip]

What about cases where i have to connect to more than one object and maintain those connections?

--
Blood is thicker then water... And much tastier
                            John Davidorff Pell