Re: D-BUS versus GDOMAP (WINDOWS users please note)

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: D-BUS versus GDOMAP (WINDOWS users please note)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:26:55 +0800

On 2004-09-01 03:44:19 +0800 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Rogelio Serrano wrote:

[snip]

Hmmm... DTE? Amoeba like capabilities? A user space security server? Selinux?

The World Is Not A Linux Box(tm). You're suffering from this shortsighted view of the world, so I will remind you gently that GNUstep needs to run properly under many non-Linux environments. D-BUS' ultimate goal /is/ to be cross-platform. It also integrates with SELinux, so once again your idea is in no way unique, and I urge you to not to do such a perposterous thing. D-BUS has no dependencies. You are mistaken. Read the website at http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/dbus where it states this in a sentence in no uncertain terms.

I am not a dbus developer. All I have are linux boxes. At least boxes where i do any meaningful work except for my gamebox which runs windows xp where i play Splinter Cell. And I dont do anything on it but play games. It does not even have an office suite.

Im not the GNUstep architect too. Nor do I dictate GNUstep policy. I just want to apply GNUstep to a particular problem. What I do is in no way going to limit GNUstep to linux boxes.

As to security in dbus and derivatives I have no definite solution. All I have right now are questions.

--
Blood is thicker then water... And much tastier
                            John Davidorff Pell