Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:16:00 +0200

In article <mailman.2201.1093104162.2011.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

> Also, it would perhaps be interesting to add a new method to
> NSImage: instead of +imageNamed:, +systemImageNamed:
> -- basically it will then provide a namespace for system images.

 Possible. Although I'm not sure whether I wouldn't put it into
NSWorkspace instead so it's

> >  I'm talking about the close box of the window, in the title bar, and
> > the "maximize" box.
>
> Ohh ! then of course I will change them :-)
> As I told you, the titlebar was done very quickly.

 Good to know. Can't wait to see a newer screenshot :-)

> I disagree... if we were talking about a default theme, ok. But as it
> is just
>   an optional theme, you can't expect applications to modify their
> behaviour
> to adapt to it. Having the gnumail's prefs looking less good is just an
> annoying side-effect

Did I ask for having apps modify their behavior? Sorry, must have been
the jet lag. If they port to OS X, they'll have to switch to
NSRoundedBezelStyle, so if you give them rounded buttons for that style,
they get what they deserve. But otherwise, many apps are expecting
NSRegularSquareBezelStyle to give them a non-rounded button, so I
wouldn't make a theme that doesn't do that.

> (but honestly I don't find it  so  horrible ..)

Well, it's your theme. I personally think it looks unpretty, but nobody
forces me to use your theme.

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de