Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:48:37 +0100 (BST)

> This is not important for most people, but it *is* important if you
> need to roll out binary distributions to customers.  If you make a
> software release which has dependencies on features of a recent
> GNUstep, you need to distribute the GNUstep system as part of the
> release.  You can't ask your customers to grab the latest GNUstep from
> CVS, and build it with their own local configuration options before
> they can install/use the new release.

Yes ... there are a few complications which I'm not really interested in
but I thought I would mention ... that is, you can have single gdomap
running on the machine ... we've got quite a few auxiliary daemons and you
can have a single one of each of them running, so multiple distributable
binary installs are possible ... but only up to a point. :-)