Re: preferences api

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: preferences api
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:15:27 +0800

On 2004-08-14 11:48:21 +0800 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

Rogelio,

Yes, please see NSUserDefaults.

GJC

Yes but this is only for users. What about for daemons? Can we use roots defaults to store all the configs for the whole machine? Right now im using a berkeley db database for all the daemons i wrote. It is one file located in /etc. Its a b-tree table and is too much for configurations but it offers me a standard way to save retreiving configs for all my programs without writing my own parser. And another program can easily change the config. And im not worried about mass destruction too.