Compiling on AMD64 architecture

From: Pete French
Subject: Compiling on AMD64 architecture
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:20:59 +0100

Have just been trying to compile GNUstep on an amd64 operating system,
and am running up against the brick wall of having neither ffcall nor libffi
available to me. Attempting to install ffcall I get told that it
is only for i386 alpha and ia64, attempting to install libffi I get
told that configure fails on non i386 and alpha systems.

I am running FreeBSD 5.2_CURRENT, cvsupped from earlier this evening, and
the native compiler is gcc 3.4.2  - any suggestions as to how I might get
libffi (or ffcall) installed ?

-bat.