Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:51:17 -0400 (EDT)

From: Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> Having read about this Cocoa# business on slashdot, I'm not sure what the
> GNUstep community's response should be to it.  I thought I would take the
> initiative and post something here about it to see how the rest of the GNUstep
> community feels about it.

Well, our fellow GNU project DotGNU doesn't fear C#, so perhaps we
shouldn't either. Of course, it would be good if all of GNUstep's
activity on this front were coordinated with DotGNU (i.e. let's avoid
getting entangled with Mono, whose developers seem pretty
irresponsible).

But for the short term, I myself would rather see effort expended to
get the Python interface to Cocoa working on GNUstep, since Python is
unequivocally free and well-known by a lot of Free Software
developers.

Christopher Culver