Re: location of defaults database file

From: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: location of defaults database file
Date: 14 Aug 2004 07:12:53 -0700

Marcus Müller <znek@mulle-kybernetik.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.1133.1092480217.2011.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>...
> I don't know the whereabouts of the NSGlobalDomain archive, though.
> This is not in ~/Library/Preferences, ~/.MacOSX, /Library/Caches. Maybe
> someone else knows where it is.

It is stored as ~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist

The next release of mySTEP (http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=mySTEP)
will imitate the full MacOS X NSUserDefaults system. Source code will
also be available (LGPL as GNUstep) so somebody can port it to
GNUstep. But still needs some time for testing...

If someone is interested, I can provide a snapshot.

Hope this helps,
Nikolaus