Re: app wrappers and gworkspace

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: app wrappers and gworkspace
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:33:37 +0100

Le 5 août 04, à 23:00, Alex Perez a écrit :

I suspect one of the biggest problems with GWorkspace is that really only one person, Enrico, works on it. While I'm in constructive-criticism mode,
I also will mention that I think this whole "seperate application
modularization" thing that GWorkspace recently went through is a step
backwards and not forewards. While it might make sense to have the dock be a separata app, it makes little sense to have the inspector be. It should be a normal bundle. The way it is now is needlessly frustrating. When you
try to close the inspector, GWorkspace says "warning! The inspector
termintated unexpectedly, do you want to restart it?" which is maddening
because it's /not/ unexpected since I just told it to quit....

I agree. The decision of making separate apps seems odd to me. Dock and
GWorkspace, ok, but an Inspector.app or Operation.app is a bit too much imho.

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke