Re: GNUstep on Darwin ppc

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin ppc
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 15:10:26 +0300

On 2004-07-31 06:43:20 +0300 Yves de Champlain <yves@gnu-darwin.org> wrote:

Following the "README.Darwin" I've built all the libraries and some apps on my mac (FSF gcc-3.3.2, libffi from gcc-3.4.0 and libtiff & C. from Fink). But, while Finger, Calculator and some other simple apps seem to work, when I try to launch a GWorkspace app linked with the FSNode framework, I get:

mihaela:~ root# openapp Desktop
dyld: /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Desktop.app/Desktop can't open library: FSNode.framework/FSNode (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

You need to add a symlink in System/Library/Frameworks/FSNode.framework
ln -s Versions/Current/libFSNode.dylib.0.1.0 FSNode
You will need to do the same with Adresses
yves

In README.Darwin, in "Building FSF-GCC", I read:
"gcc on Darwin doesn't appear to support threads.".
But this line is at the end of the "Darwin x86:" paragraph. Does this mean that
there is not threads support for x86 or that there is not threads support on Darwin?