Re: [ANN] MyLibrary 0.3.1

From: Sascha Erni, .rb
Subject: Re: [ANN] MyLibrary 0.3.1
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:06:37 +0200

Hi Yen-Ju,

On 2004-07-28 14:26:26 +0200 Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:
Is there something I need to take into account when installing? If I start MyLibrary, the application is shown in top, but no app icon, menu or window appears onscreen. There's no error message, either. It's the same if I start the application as root or user.

Hmm.. it looks like a serious bug.
There is no dependency for MyLibrary.
If it is newly install, it will pop up an alert panel saying it will create a directory ~/MyLibrary. If this panel does not ever show up, it is not even finish -applicationDidFinishLaunching. Maybe you can add some NSLog() in MyLibrary.m -applicationWillFinishLaunching
and -applicationDidFinishLaunching to see what's happen.
I have no clue why this happens.
I test it on mac and FreeBSD only.
I have no Linux box around.

All-clear--I updated GNUstep to the latest CVS version (as I was switching from Mandrake to Arch Linux anyway), and it runs perfectly. Sorry for the bother. I suspect some misconfiguration on my MDK box.

93,
-Sascha.rb

--
Sascha Erni, .rb