Re: Automatic method generator - prototype (Was: Re: Interface parser)

From: Mikko Värri
Subject: Re: Automatic method generator - prototype (Was: Re: Interface parser)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:13:20 +0200

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:58:28 +0200, Stefan Urbanek wrote
> Feel fry to modify the code. Any feedback and especially patches is more
> than welcome.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Stefan Urbanek
>
> p.s.: It would be great if it was somehow incorporated in the DevelopmentKit
> framework....

Stefan,

I know this was a quick hack, but you asked for comments :) So here's my
thoughts.

Using the word 'public' is imho misleading. Typically the 'public' keyword
means that the variable is accessible directly, not through accessor methods.

Using '/**' and '*/' as delimiters may conflict with those used for
documentation.

Given that developers are lazy to document their source and often headers are
a good place to start studying undocumented software, missing method
declarations and misleading keyword choices do not help this situation.

All in all, personally I would prefer people used a macro-based solution
(discussed before on the list) which would at least be obvious to a casual
reader.

Cheers,

Mikko Värri