gnustep coding standard and cairo-back

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: gnustep coding standard and cairo-back
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:29:41 +0700

Hi,
I'm quite done with back-cairo and I think it would be better to
have it checked-in in the main cvs but I still have problems with
coding standard. Can someone point me to the doc? Or even
better if you can re-indent for me and/or checking the tree into
gnustep's cvs.. what a shame.

now the cairo-tree is at subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/woom
co back-cairo

the current problems are ..
1. xrender back is too slow to use, i didn't try glitz backend yet
since my machine isn't fast/configured to use opengl and it won't
be able any time soon. I've included some experiments for
glitz and ximage but they aren't working yet and shouldn't be
included (?) Conclusion? back-cairo is quite useless to me at
the moment but may be it runs faster on your machines, who knows?
2. images look so bad in sad blue, probably rgba/argb problems,
(cairo only have argb and I'm a bit too lazy to fix that) and there's
a bug with cairo_t that I've been trying to fix it for 10 hours mebbe.
3. no proper font system yet. I'll try to stick nfont in later.
4. scrolling should cause the problem, I didn't test it yet, still
trying to fix compositeGState thingy.
5. full of NSLog, my bad.

http://maliwan.sourceforge.net/cairo-shot.jpg
(a bit old but it isn't much better with the current one)

And I'd like to slow down the development and continue working
on maliwan/blutulip. Thank you for reading such a lonely message.