Re: Does GNUstep work on 64-bit platforms?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Does GNUstep work on 64-bit platforms?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:10:00 +0100

On 2004-07-08 17:47:12 -0400 Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu> wrote:
i've got an ultrasparc (64bit) here, ultra2 with solaris 8 and
debian gnu/linux i have GNUstep running on both, but i'm sure
for debian user space stuff is not compiled 64bit, and in solaris
i probably didn't enable 64bit either... it runs on my
64-bit platform though.

Ahh, that's what I was thinking -- 'cause I've heard it runs on SPARC. Can anyone else out there attest to things working on a 64-bit platform and/or in 64-bit mode?

I had the base library working on a DEC Alpha several years ago (using mframe for DO, before ffcall and ffi were added). Of course, that doesn't mean it will work now ... patches gratefully accepted if anyone has 64-bit systems to play with :-)