Re: Does GNUstep work on 64-bit platforms?

From: Armando Di Cianno
Subject: Re: Does GNUstep work on 64-bit platforms?
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:07:25 -0400

On 2004-07-08 17:47:12 -0400 Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu> wrote:
> i've got an ultrasparc (64bit) here, ultra2 with solaris 8 and
> debian gnu/linux i have GNUstep running on both, but i'm sure
> for debian user space stuff is not compiled 64bit, and in solaris
> i probably didn't enable 64bit either... it runs on my
> 64-bit platform though.

Ahh, that's what I was thinking -- 'cause I've heard it runs on SPARC.  Can
anyone else out there attest to things working on a 64-bit platform and/or in
64-bit mode?

> GNUstep is not mentioned at:
> www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml
> will you do something about that?

Absolutely; I still have to finish up the "paperwork" to complete the becoming
a dev/maintainer, and then stuff will get into portage, and I'll make sure the
doc people make that change; i also plan on writing up Gentoo-specific GNUstep
help for new folk.

I really want to commit stuff to portage that at least works on 64-bit
platforms, 32-bit function or 64, so if anyone else can chime in, we'll have
one more distro we run on. :-)

Thanks to all,
__Armando