Re: Ann: NiftyTitleBar

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: Ann: NiftyTitleBar
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:59:13 -1000

I just realized there may problems with this. You don't want to allow a Move operation to occur, that would result in some strange results for the user.

So, I recommend you change DragButton.m's draggingSourceOperationMaskForLocal: method to not return NSDragOperationAll.

A good place to start may be to return NSDragOperationCopy | NSDragOperationLink.

On HFS you could get away with also returning NSDragOperationDelete. I wouldn't try that on any other filesystem though.

I checked my OS X box and indeed this was the behavior it had; it did not allow a NSDragOperationMove.

Chad