Re: evas backend [was Re: cairo backend]

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: evas backend [was Re: cairo backend]
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 00:24:42 +0700

Hi,

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:30:57 -0400, Armando Di Cianno
<adicianno@coresense.com> wrote:

> On 2004-07-02 10:13:06 -0400 Dan Mardale <dan.mardale@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to know what choices for a cairo back-end are out there and
> > how can I get involved. I'd really love to see it ready asap.
>
> I'm curious if anyone else out there has mulled over the idea of using
> evas (from englightment's e17 core libraries) as a backend.  Even
> though, just now, it's getting to almost 1.0, it's pretty ... awesome.
>   I suggest looking into it.

Evas doesn't do bezierpath last time I checked it. I've heard it more like
subset of opengl 2d ops? Without bezierpath support, it has not much
to do with the postscript model we're using, so I think it's quite
useless or it would need significant effort to make it to work as a backend.

[...]

> Any comments about this idea may inspire me to try, however. :-)

Make sure you understand postscript-model first. I think the path code in -x11
should be usable to make evas work like a backend. But wrapping Evas with
postscript api would take all its interesting parts away.

Good luck :)