Re: Editable NSTableViews?

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: Re: Editable NSTableViews?
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:02:49 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> I just tried with my my own example NSTableView code and editing works
> for me.  (At least with a simple NSCell)

My bad.  My datasource wasn't responding to the correct selector.  I had

 - (void) tableView: (NSTableView *) setObjectValue: (id) iObj
        forTableColumn: (NSTableColumn *) iCol row: (int) iRow

instead of

 - (void) tableView: (NSTableView *) iTable setObjectValue: (id) iObj
        forTableColumn: (NSTableColumn *) iCol row: (int) iRow

which is not the same at all!

The behaviour is different on OS X though:  the editing UI appears even
if the dataSource doesn't respond to the correct set method.  That could
be considered a bug on OS X of course.

Peter