Re: nm -P

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: nm -P
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:42:20 -0400

Le 04-06-11, à 07:47, Nicola Pero a écrit :

Hi

Makefiles/Instance/Framework.make uses nm -Pg, however, the P options
is not available on darwin's custom nm.  Can I go with -g only or
do I have to get a new one ?

If you can determine what the equivalent Darwin way of 'nm -Pg' is, we can
define NM (or better name) in config.make to be 'nm -Pg' normally, and
'xxx' on Darwin, and in framework.make we use $(NM) instead of 'nm -Pg'
and it should work on both.

the -g option is quite standard but the -P specify POSIX.2 output
and I don't know what that looks like.

If anyone wants to send me a little sample, I'll see if I can somehow reproduce it

yves