GNUstep win32 application with a non-GNUstep Direct32 device window

From: MA Garcias
Subject: GNUstep win32 application with a non-GNUstep Direct32 device window
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:54:59 +0200

It is a very specific and strange use of GNUstep what I'm doing, but if anyone can give me a hint, it'll be greatly appreciated: I'm using GNUstep to setup a win32 application with a DirectX device attached to it. Everything seems to work fine until the Direct3D device is setup. The win32 message loop for the window holding the d3d device uses the WIN32 Backend message loop (defined at -callback:) but for some reason the application hangs somewhere in the message processing loop. The GNUstep win32 backend and the D3D window work just fine separately, it only crashes when using them both at once. Anyone has any idea about it, remote as it may be?

maGarcias | tragnarionStudios